My name is Karen and I started Custom Clips Dog Grooming because I love working with dogs! We share our house with Casey (a very lovable and lively English Springer Spaniel) and Mariah (a shy but very sweet Beagle that we adopted from NMDR).
After I retired from my IT career as a Systems Analyst, I began volunteering with National Mill Dog Rescue (NMDR) as a bather on their grooming team. I loved interacting with the dogs, getting to know their personality and making them feel a lot better by getting them all cleaned up and ready for a groom.
One day, while driving out to the kennel, it dawned on me that I could and should become a dog groomer. I was looking for a “retirement career” and this made perfect sense because it isn’t really work when you love doing your job. So that’s how I decided to start Custom Clips Dog Grooming.
- I work in my home (by appointment only)
- I work on a small number of dogs each day, so there is no rushing to get a bunch of dogs done
- Each dog is groomed in a quiet, relaxed setting and receives personalized attention
- I will work to make your dog as comfortable and relaxed as possible. When you come in, we’ll talk about your dog’s personality and likes/dislikes.
- Your dog will never be left alone while on the grooming table
- I work on small to medium-sized dogs (up to ~ 50 lbs).
- I am licensed by the Colorado Department of Agriculture and am a member in good standing with the Pet Animal Care Facilities Association (PACFA)
- I am a certified dog groomer (trained at Critter Clips in Colorado Springs)
- I am fully insured
Custom Clips Dog Grooming: Serving Colorado Springs, CO, Monument and the Tri-Lakes area.